moderated Should Members list be displayed but not Directory

Chris V

On one of my groups I have set it so subscribers can see the Members option. Hence they can list all members including their email addresses.
This is fine as it is a small group who all know each other.

When I go into the group as a normal subscriber I was not able to see the Directory info as I had the Profile Privacy setting "Only group owners and moderators"
I changed this to "Other members of the group" and can now see two accounts, one as normal member and one as Owner. Other members have the default "Only group owners and moderators"

This options seems pointless since as owner I have made all members viewable.
So should allowing Members list override the Profile Privacy?
Can the owner set a default forĀ  Profile Privacy?