moderated Re: Why are we seeing our own email address after the unsubscribe link?

Christopher Hallsworth <challsworth2@...>

I see. Thanks for all the clarifications. Actually a good idea now I think about it, to assist users in unsubscribing from one or more lists.

On 13 Jun 2018, at 08:22, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

Chris,

... why are we seeing our own email address next to the unsubscribe
link?
It is an aid to support with assisting users with unsubscribe requests (in the event they can't figure out how on their own).

Actually, I think it mostly helps to head off such requests in the first place - by clarifying the subscribed address in the event the user has multiple addresses, and especially users that forward messages among their addresses.

Surely we have a privacy/security vulnerability issue here.
Your address is revealed to you. What is the concern?

And, I don't mean to burst any bubbles here, but in the EU new laws on
data protection took effect ...
You aren't. Search for the multitude of prior messages on the subject in this group.

Shal