moderated Re: #suggestion - Take member directly to group if they only belong to one #suggestion

Tom Vail

Okay, I guess I did not make my suggestion clear.  So here is a step-by-step of what I was trying to suggest:

  1. Joe Member goes to the Group.IO site and clicks on "Log in"
  2. A screen comes up for him to enter his email and P/W
  3. The next screen is a list of all the groups he is a member of
  4. He clicks on his group and is taken to that group

What I'm suggesting is if the list in step 3 only has one group in it, why not just eliminate the step send him directly to the group?  (IE: If group-list >1, go to choose-group, else if group-list =1 go to group)

If they logged on to join another group, the "find or create a group" option is still at the top of the page.

This is not a suggestion made on the results of a massive number of complaints.  It is based on a presentation I did this morning on our group when I saw a way to streamline the sign on process.

Peace,
Tom