moderated Re: Yahoo Group transfers

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 12:36 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

If the CAPTCHA is a substantial bottleneck, perhaps (for Y!groups that are not invite-only) you could use the -subscribe email command, followed by the Membership Wizard to connect the subscription to the transfer agent account. Done manually that might not be any faster than the CAPTCHA, but it might be more readily automated.

It's that parenthetical that's the problem. When I first revamped the transfer system a couple of months ago, I did switch to a system that sent a -subscribe email. But it didn't work for a lot of groups, which is how I discovered that some are invite only (I previously had no idea that setting existed). It just seemed more straightforward and less prone to error to instruct people to send an invite than to ask them to go in and disable the invite only setting.

There are services that will solve captchas for you, but besides the icky feeling I'd having using one, I don't know how accurate they are.