moderated Re: Problem with paste from MS-Word into Compose Window for Groups.io #bug

Duane

I did some further checking.  By inserting that one line without a number, it stopped the numbering and started over when the next paragraph was started.  It looks to me like the correct thing to do would have been allow it to be numbered, go to the beginning of that line, hit backspace to remove the number, and it should have resumed on the following paragraph.  At least that's what the manual says to do to get a temporary break.

One thing I've learned in my 4+ decades of computing is that you can't always believe what the software sellers tell you.  I've been doing html for years in notepad, so it's easier to catch those little glitches that can pop up.  It usually happens when you make an exception, such as you did here, to the expected flow.  Without that inserted italic line, there would have been no problem.