locked Changing member name

Hi All,

I appreciate all the discussion about moderators assisting members; I don't know what the right answer is yet in regards to changing email or adding aliases. But it seems like changing the member's name is fairly straightforward. Here's my proposal, let me know what you think:

(Assuming an owner or moderator with the permission to change a user's subscription options)

- Can set the member's full name to whatever you want
- That is not transferred to any other subscription the member may have, it's limited to just this one subscription
- If the member changes/sets their full name through their profile, it sets the name on the subscription, even if you've changed it
- If the member posts/replies through the web site, the email is sent using only a name the user has set (if they haven't set a name and you have for them, it is not used).

Thoughts?