moderated Re: Accessibility Related: "Dropdown Links" on Groups.io Main Page

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Andre,

           We're talking apples and oranges here.  I am speaking about the groups.io main page, not the main page for a specific group on groups.io.  That is where you do your unmuting of threads you've previously muted via the e-mail interface.

           The respective links that act as dropdown triggers for topics and hashtags, respectively, are:

                                  https://groups.io/#messagemenu     (topics)

                                   https://groups.io/#tagsmenu            (hashtags)

Each of these is announced by NVDA as though it were just a link like any other link, with no indication that it is a control to let you reveal your choices for that category by activating it.  When you activate it, NVDA does say expanded, then you need to arrow down to hear the three links that are your choices.

     Knowledge consists of a collection of uninspired facts. Wisdom is their artful use.