moderated Re: Group Setting to Enable From Address via groups.io #suggestion

Pete AE5PL

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 10:25 am, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I think perhaps the best thing to do is to add a checkbox, separate from Reply To, that when checked will munge all From lines in messages to a group. Perhaps call it 'Convert All Email From Addresses To Be From Groups.io' with the help text being: "Only use this feature if you use Office 365 and have had complaints from users about email spoofing.'
I would use a more generic "Only use this feature if you have had complaints from users about blocked emails or emails marked as SPAM for no apparent reason."  I believe this extends beyond Exchange servers (definitely beyond Office 365) to provider servers that do extended SPF checking and internal domain checking to prevent/reduce phishing attacks and spoofed email address attacks for users.  While primarily corporate servers will have this protection in place, it appears there are commercial vendors that do similar SPF checking and internal domain blocking independent of DMARC.

Pete