moderated Re: AOL problem

J,

But what I'm still not understanding is how the proposed method ... is
any different or better than the current method ... IN TERMS OF the
situation repeating itself ad infinitum with the particular member.
It has been noted that the unsubscription in the current mechanism is often associated with various strong emotional responses from the member: panic, confusion, anger, a sense of betrayal. None of that is conducive to resolving a complex issue.

I posit that leaving the subscription intact will reduce the intensity of those reactions and will reduce the sense of urgency in "fixing" the problem. Both of those can go a long way to improving member comprehension and willingness to learn.

Shal