locked Re: Allowing owner/moderator to assist member settings

Terry S

One way to deal with it is to have the user set a temporary password and email that password to the moderator who is going to set up his account. After the account is setup to the member's satisfaction, the moderator can 'lock' the account settings, and then the member can change the password for his account to something the moderator doesn't know. That way, the account gets set up properly and the user is secure AND the settings don't get all bolloxed up again.

Terry S
--
"Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings.... We simply continue to fly ... on broomsticks... We are flexible..." - copied from a Facebook page because I love it!

On 2/10/2015 4:14 PM, J. Faulkner wrote:
I like the idea also and it does push the security concerns. We have some problems similar to what you mentioned and it is very frustrating when you provide step by step instructions on how to do things, sometime even with pictures and they still can't do it.

If something is set up like this, there definitely needs to be something put in place so the owner/moderators aren't liable for making changes. I say this, because I have had members that forgot that they told me to do something and then get upset. So I now have them send me an email and I keep them.

Great idea!
Judy F.
SW Florida - USA