moderated Re: "Down for maintenance" -- time to grow up...

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 04:06 pm, J_Catlady wrote:
Absolutely agree! The cats are one of the best features! :-)
Someone with the J-Catlady handle would say that...   :-)

When I first started with GIO, not that long ago, I was confronted with the cats during a downtime. It did not strike me as whimsy. I thought the site had been hacked.

Not that much later, the site was blacklisted by Norton and AVG. Norton didn't release the blacklist for nearly a week. Panic again.

"Time to grow up" strikes me as harsh...but with 2.2 million members -- each reaching their own conclusions -- it's probably time to get down to business and treat this like a business. I could elaborate on the consequences of doing otherwise, but I don't think I really need to.

My $0.02,
Bruce