locked Re: Digest numbers

Judy,

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:

Mark, I know better about not being able to see a certain digest number in the group.  Duh!

Now that I have been hit in the head and I realize my question was dumb since a digest is just that a combination of messages into one.  I do think if it helps you with bounces, it should stay.

I didn't think your question was dumb and I apologize if it sounded that way.

If it really doesn’t matter, then why the difference in the numbering in the digests?

With the various subscription options, each member of a group might get different messages sent to them (either single or digest). So, we have to create a unique digest for each person (unlike Y! Groups, where everybody on digest gets the same thing). For tracking bounces, we need to have an individual number per person for each digest that goes out (so we can figure out things like 'we've gotten 5 bounces in a row from this member, something's up'). Other than that, the digest number has no significance to members.