moderated Re: "Down for maintenance" -- time to grow up...

Ginny T.

I would venture that it is a group owner's responsibility to be aware, which means paying attention to the beta and GMF topics. That then allows the owner(s) to warn their members. I've done this since starting a Groups.io group (I now manage several) and there's never been a problem.  Likewise there is a status page (http://status.groups.io/) for problem times, and again I believe that it's a group owner's responsibility to be aware and update their members.

And, my people just love the cats when there is downtime...  many have commented that yes, there is frustration when they find that Groups.io might be down (which, thanks to Mark happens very infrequently), the cats just bring a grin and ease the antsies.

Just my 2 cents....
Ginny

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 01:55 am, Chris Jones wrote:
Indeed it was, but to a limited audience on beta. Not all groups are represented on beta, or the GMF for that matter.

--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========