locked Re: Allowing owner/moderator to assist member settings

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:14 PM, J. Faulkner <jfaulkner44@...> wrote:
I like the idea also and it does push the security concerns.  We have some problems similar to what you mentioned and it is very frustrating when you provide step by step instructions on how to do things, sometime even with pictures and they still can't do it.

If something is set up like this, there definitely needs to be something put in place so the owner/moderators aren't liable for making changes.  I say this, because I have had members that forgot that they told me to do something and then get upset.  So I now have them send me an email and I keep them.

I understand the concerns and need for something like this. Right now you can set the subscription options (email delivery and message selection) for your members. But you can't set the person's name and you can't change their email address.

It wouldn't be difficult to add the ability to change the member's name just for that subscription (it wouldn't affect their subscriptions to any other group). Would that be useful? Would it be problematic?

I'm not sure how to handle changing someone's email address, as that's much more invasive. Thoughts?