moderated Re: Fixed Width Formatting

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 03:22 pm, Gerald Boutin wrote:
Alexis,

I did a quick test and if you generate a text only message using an email client  (eg Gmail) with a fixed width font, it renders properly when viewed on the groups.io web interface. Since there seems to be no way to chose a font online when composing, I don't see how you could directly generate a fixed width font post online.

Here's a sample I just pasted from a text message i sent to myself earlier for testing.

Fixed width font    < 4 Spaces     < 5 spaces
sdjhsdjklkjsadkj    < sdsadkjsdkl  < skldjasklj

The above rows should be aligned.

--
Gerald
Well, it was in fixed width font (monospace) while I was composing the message, but the formatting didn't come through.

--
Gerald