From: <main@beta.groups.io> on behalf of Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...>
Date: Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 5:23 PM
To: "main@beta.groups.io" <main@beta.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [beta] Default membership to the update group

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 02:20 pm, Tom Vail wrote:

If it is an FAQ, and not being emailed, then why have them be members?   It just confuses the not-so-savvy user, which I would guess it the vast majority.

I think it's a throwback to the time when groups.io was smaller and Mark may have needed a way to contact everybody about system issues. As the service has grown its utility has no doubt diminished and I agree that it may be time to abandon the notion.

What I'm struggling to understand is exactly what hardship it is causing. Your subscribers aren't getting emails and they don't have to visit the Updates group if they don't want to. I have not personally had a single person in my group make any inquiries about this. So what's the problem?

Thanks,
Bruce