moderated Default membership to the update group

Tom Vail

Is it really necessary to have every user to be a member of the "Update" group?  Maybe we are unusual, but the vast majority of our users don't have any interest in system updates.  I would suggest that a button be added to the Subscription page for membership to the Update Group, and the default be NO.  That way those who are interested can opt-in, and the rest can blistfully go on unconserned about updates and what they might be.

Leave the update information to the moderators and those who have an interest.

For what it is worth.
Tom