moderated Re: Make Basic level accounts paid

Marina

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 08:22 am, Barbara Byers wrote:

I totally disagree on charging for every level. You've gotten all these
groups to come over with the promise of free service, and then you're
going to take it back? I just don't think that is a great idea. The
hurdle of paying anything is kind of a big one for many groups who are
just social or volunteer.s
I agree with Barbara. I moved my Yahoo group here because the basic level of Groups.io was free. Otherwise, I would have made a different choice and moved elsewhere. My group has always been run for free, on a voluntary basis and I don't want to start charging my members now.
If the basic level has too many features to be sustainable in the long run (actually, this was one of my main concerns when thinking about moving), my group members and I would be happy even with a simpler version.

Marina