moderated Re: Make Basic level accounts paid

Ellen Moody

Thank you to Shal for this explanation and also J_Catlady.  There has been much misunderstanding in this thread. I withdraw my comment.  For myself I want to stay but I feel as list moderator I made a decision for these groups so worried about it like some hen with chicks ....

Ellen, off to sleep now

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:23 AM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Michael,

same here, if we have to pay for basic service, consider me gone.

That's not on the table, it is only in the imaginings of some members posting here.

Mark has committed to the "Freemium" business model, where the Basic groups are free, subsidized by the Premium and Enterprise groups. He's also rejected the idea of being ad-supported, and all the intrusiveness and tracking that too often goes with that model.

Shal