Re: Email address in footer proposal

Dave Sergeant

Actually the header contains an Emvelope-to: line which has my email
address. But point taken.

Dave

On 17 Apr 2018 at 16:31, Mark Fletcher wrote:

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:45 PM Dave Sergeant <dave@davesergeant.com>
wrote:

If it is only in outgoing emails to the sender then indeed it is OK
and won't appear in the archives. But I am puzzled why it is needed
anyway as your email appears in the 'from' line, admittedly munged in
some cases to get round the DMARC issues - but that surely isn't an
issue for recognizing your own email..
Your email address doesn´t appear anywhere for list messages that you
didn´t send. That can be a problem for people with multiple email
addresses and who don´t know which address they´re subscribed with.
That´s the problem I´m trying to address.

Mark

http://davesergeant.com