Re: Email address in footer proposal

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:45 PM Dave Sergeant <dave@...> wrote:
If it is only in outgoing emails to the sender then indeed it is OK and
won't appear in the archives. But I am puzzled why it is needed anyway
as your email appears in the 'from' line, admittedly munged in some
cases to get round the DMARC issues - but that surely isn't an issue
for recognizing your own email..

Your email address doesn’t appear anywhere for list messages that you didn’t send. That can be a problem for people with multiple email addresses and who don’t know which address they’re subscribed with. That’s the problem I’m trying to address.