Re: Email address in footer proposal

RickGlaz <rickglaz4742435@...>

Sometimes I voice opinions that are not well received.

Once I had a very personalized Domain and email address that was posted to the Staff
page by the Owner on a Tech Help Listserver site. (He called it a senior moment...)

I got SPAMMED so much for years I had to give up that Domain and email address...

Using your Domain in a Group setting such as this seems like the same situation
might possibly happen.

Rick

On April 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM Dave Sergeant <dave@REDACTED.com> wrote:

The email address should not be in plain text as that is a ready target
for spammers targetting group archives. Which is why I put my website
as my signature rather than my email address.

Dave

On 16 Apr 2018 at 12:13, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Hi All,

For groups that are not set to Reply To Group, the Unsubscribe link in
the footer does not include any identifying information about the person
receiving the message. This can be a problem if the person doesn't know
what email address they are subscribed to the group under.

My proposal is that, for groups that are not set to Reply To Group, that
we include a line in the footer that specifies the email address that
the person is subscribed under. I'm not a big fan of making the footer
any longer than it is already (because I already get complaints about
how long it is), but I think something needs to be added to address this
issue. Other suggestions would be appreciated as well.

http://davesergeant.com

Sent from my WEBmail.