moderated Re: Change ownership on files and photos

William Finn

But you are missing the main reason this is being added .... content migrated from Yahoo is assigned to the migrator as the owner so reassignment of ownership is needed.

On Sat, Apr 14, 2018, 12:42 AM toki <toki.kantoor@...> wrote:
On 04/13/2018 11:19 PM, William Finn wrote:

> You must also consider that context t stored on here are not official
> versions of the documents and that they are published on here as a convince
> copy of the items posted to be generally shared.

Official or not doesn't matter. Incorrect attribution is, at best, a
copyright violation. If somebody requests all content relating to them
to be deleted, and something is incorrectly attributed, resulting in it
not being deleted, you just broke both GDPR and Copyright Law.

> Mark has plans to meet with his legal team to identify the effects of such regulations on groups.io.

He's got just on forty days to get Groups.IO in full compliance with
GDPR.  Might be a bit late to do so.

> Also if such regulations does prevent such sharing then Yahoo, Google and
> every other forum, group service will have to shut down.  This we know wont
> happen.

GDPR doesn't prohibit sharing content, provided the creator explicitly
consented to sharing the content, and the content is correctly attributed.

I am not a lawyer. This is not legal advice.

jonathon