moderated Re: Groups.io Updates suggestion

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 06:32 am, A and M Parker wrote:
Some of my ex YahooGroup but now Groups.io members are missing the Yahoo-style updates that used to come out saying what files and photos had been uploaded in the recent past.

Yahoo and Groups.io could send an email out when a file had been uploaded if the uploader had ticked the box to notify members, but uploaded photos never got mentioned. Only in Updates could this activity be seen.

Is it possible to have a similar feature introduced to Groups.io please?

Margaret P

 Margaret,

There is this option when uploading files. Like Yahoo, there is also place to enter a short description that also goes along with the notification. I don't know why it was chosen to not do this for photos.

Doing a search on "photo notify" found discussions here in the past, but I wasn't able to find anything specific as to how the determination was made.

--
Gerald