Re: Strip Out Embedded images #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 01:09 pm, Ford Amateur Astronomy Club wrote:
Add the ability to not store the images no matter how they are attached or embedded so they don't use up space
While I like this idea, do consider the implications...those photos have to be stored somewhere. If they're simply discarded, any subscriber who prefers to read messages online instead of by email won't receive the images at all. Similarly, if a subscriber sends a message with a big photo or two and another subscriber has his personal delivery settings to not accept something that big (see Subscription->Advanced Preferences->Max Attachment Size), they won't see it, either.

We are both managing astronomy groups and imaging is a big component of that. While I would appreciate the flexibility to do it, I suspect our subscribers wouldn't be very happy with us if we actually put it into practice.

Right now, my problem is not insufficient storage, but scores of little photos of people's faces, 150-byte PNGs of horizontal rules, and garbage like that littering the Emailed Photos folder. Lacking any bulk delete capability, keeping that cleaned out has become a significant chore...and from my perspective the best way to address the problem is not to allow such things to get in there in the first place.

Regards,
Bruce