locked Re: EU General Data Protection Regulation

Marina

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 01:44 pm, Chris Jones wrote:

Having said all that Groups.io is outside the EU, and the EU's writ stops at
the border.
I am not so sure about that.
I moved to IO a Yahoo group whose members are primarily EU citizens. The new group stores members' names and e-mail addresses plus all posts from previous Yahoo group, including those sent by members who have left the group.
My practical question is: what should I do to avoid legal problems?
I wasn't aware of this issue when I moved over my old group, otherwise I would have opted out of the message archive transfer.
I'd like to hear from other EU group owners who moved to IO and learn how they are dealing with this problem.

Marina