locked Re: EU General Data Protection Regulation

Chris Jones

Victoria has raised an important issue; the Groups of which I am a member do not store (in any form) anything beyond members' Display Names and email addresses, and of course that storage is actually at Groups.io.

From reading posts on this and the GMF it is apparent that some Groups hold other much more personal information about their members, and if those members (and / or the Group Owners) are in the EU then the GDPR is something they (the Owners) really need to consider.

IANAL so I am not in a position to speculate on how much responsibility rests with individual Owners and how much with Groups.io as a corporate entity.

Chris.