locked EU General Data Protection Regulation

On May 25th 2018 a new privacy policy regulation is becoming valid and will be applicable in all member states to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe:

https://gdpr-info.eu/

This concerns every platform which is used by Eu-citizens, commercial and private. Since these regulations are substantially stricter than the ones I used to have on my sites so far, modifications to already existing private policy terms became necessary. Everyone who´s got homepages is obliged to adjust their private policy terms according to the new regulations, visible to everybody from the outside. High fines are waiting, and no need to say that lawyers are in the starting gates to search sites and send admonitions.

If mailing lists are concerned I do not know for they are not specified in the new regulations. Neither do I know if the private policy terms as they are laid out in groups.io meet the requirements.

Just to inform you ..

Victoria