moderated Re: Categories for groups -- idea suggestion

Susanne

Apologies for this message appearing twice.  It was a manifestation of email problems I've been having.

-- Susanne

At 2018-04-06 05:14 AM, Susanne wrote:
To: main@beta.groups.io
From: "Susanne" <sjlloyd@...>
Subject: Re: [beta] Categories for groups -- idea suggestion

Jonathon,

At 2018-04-03 10:29 AM, toki wrote:
On 04/03/2018 10:37 AM, Susanne wrote:

> The goal of all search systems is to get an appropriate number of
> results that are highly relevant to the search query, without missing any.

That is precisely why I advocate either Dewey Decimal or Library of
Congress Classification Headings.  In both instances you're looking at
more than a century of determining where, and how to classify something.

Designed and applied by library professionals to books and similar materials.

[snipped the rest]