moderated Re: Categories for groups -- idea suggestion

Al Ludwick / NN4ZZ

Hi Chris, Victoria and Susanne,
Great feedback.  My first pass at categories was just that and I figured 20 entries was a good starting point.   I'll update my list with all of the feedback and post a new version with the goal of being broader in some cases and still keep it down to maybe 20-25 entries.  (it might not be until tomorrow...)

Chris, you are right about Amateur Radio as just one example of a hobby.    There seems to be a lot of "hobby" groups here so maybe there is another way to segregate them.
  • Hobbies -  crafts, embroidery, stamps collecting, etc
  • Hobbies - technical, Amateur Radio, Electronics, etc
It looks like there are about 5,000 groups here but not all are active, some are shells still, or only used for test.    If the "hobby" category includes a large percentage (e.g. 1,000 of them), having  discreet groups like "Amateur Radio" might still be warranted.

Thoughts?

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ
al (at) nn4zz (dot) com