locked Members Names

I created a group and counting myself, there are 5 members.   I notice on the Member list that my name is the only one under the Name column.  I just thought it odd that none of the four other members had names listed.  One of the members finally wrote back saying that when she joined the group, she did not have a space to put her name.  I guess this might be true for the other members.  The odd thing, I think is that when I registered, I had a space to enter my name.  So what is different?

The member gave me her name; but, there doesn't seem to be a way for me to add it to the member list.

Donna