moderated Re: Categories for groups -- idea suggestion

For search purposes I find broad categories a good idea. At the moment it´s only possible to search alphabetically or by tag or name – if you know it.

Victoria

.
Yahoo has 17 very broad categories - "Business & Finance, Computers & Internet, Cultures & Community, Entertainment & Arts, Family & Home, Games, Government & Politics, Health & Wellness, Hobbies & Crafts, Music, Recreation & Sports, Regional, Religion & Beliefs, Romance & Relationships, Schools & Education, Science, Adult" - the last one of which we can drop.
I would suggest each group have a category from the above list plus a set of tags/keywords to further refine the interests of the group.  The category can be used for filtering when searching for a group to set the "playing field" if you will.  (search for groups inside Family&Home with the following keywords...)
Thanks
Toby
PS I would resist having an "Other" category as it tends to become a catchall.