moderated Re: web-based questionnaire for restricted groups a pressing issue #suggestion

Chris Jones

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 08:38 am, J_Catlady wrote:
I agree that a lot of this is poorly worded. If I can get a precise sequence of events (including the "ignored" notifications to mods), I could make some overall suggestions. But obviously, I still lack some details of what's actually going on and why.
I'll second that. "We" have just set up a Pending Subscription message on a Group but I can envisage all sorts of confusion arising if we don't know anything if the applicant has applied by email and nothing turns up until such time as they reply to the P/S message.

I am beginning to wonder if instead of the sending of the P/S message being "automated but confusing" it became a manual operation initiated by a tab against the person's application notification. I know it means that moderators would (sometimes) have something extra to do but it might be preferable to the current rather opaque system. We would at least see every application when it was submitted.

Regards,

Chris