moderated Re: order of sending welcome message and group guidelines #suggestion

Hi J,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 3:49 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
There seem to be some anomalies between the relative chronologies of member confirmation, sending of the Welcome Notice, and sending of the Group Guidelines (if set to be sent on join).

Here are the steps involved in subscribing, via web or via email, as I just verified on my test machine:

Subscribe via web (ignoring appropriate messages to the moderators):

- If new user, create the user as not confirmed, send a confirmation email to them.
- Add a subscription to the group. If the group is restricted, this is a pending subscription.
- If the group is restricted, send the active pending subscription notice, if any, otherwise, send the welcome notice and guidelines.

Subscribe via email (ignoring appropriate messages to the moderators):
- If new user, create the user as not confirmed.
- Send a subscription confirmation email.
- Upon receipt of a reply to that subscription confirmation email:
  - Add a subscription to the group. If the group is restricted, this is a pending subscription.
  - If the group is restricted, send the active pending subscription notice, if any, otherwise send the welcome notice and guidelines.

Approve subscription via web:
- Send the group guidelines and active welcome message, if any.

Approve subscription via email:
- Send the group guidelines and active welcome message, if any.