moderated Bulk Upload issues

Tom H

I reported some things I ran into with bulk upload to files in this message. Further to it, I have additional problems with bulk uploads to both Files and Photos.
Files
  1. Not all of the non-image file types were uploaded. A subset of all the PDFs did not. I have to dig some more to find what else did not.
Photos
  1. Windows file manager did not allow me to select only image type files from the mixed bag using a filter (I'm sure there is a way).
  2. GIO did not filter out the non-image types in the selection dialog.
    1. The upload stopped when a non-image type was encountered. I don't think any file got uploaded from that set.
    2. Same issue as for Files re generation of thumbnails - a list would be faster.
  3. GIO did not allow for an additive selection dialog, e.g., select *.jpg first and then add *.png to the list. (nor could I find a way within the Windows File Manager - well, I did subsequently by using the Group by type feature)
  4. Not all the image files were uploaded - GIO reports 152; Windows reports 181 should have been selected. I have yet to look for the exceptions.