moderated Re: Group Description

Douglas Swearingen

Just for my 2 cents worth, I think the Group Description should stay as it is.

Doug

From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> on behalf of Victoria <dr.vcaesar@...>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 10:45 AM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: [beta] Group Description

J,

Well, it´s not a language issue alone. I simply find it redundant. There´s a title to the description already. I believe readers are clever enough to know that the text following the title is a group descriptionJ.

I post this in beta because I thought it could maybe be changed to optional.

By the way, I don´t think I´m so special about this. There were quite a few voices in this direction. Pre-formulated texts such as boiler plates and non-alterable titles generally make one feel being patronized, so as if, sorry to say this, group owners were not able to create their own texts for various situationsJ.

Victoria

---

Also, a non-German speaking person (like me), or a person who knows just a little German and is interested in your group, gets a better idea of how to read your home page with the titles than without them.