moderated Deleting accounts -- two different instructions

David Grimm

I tried to delete a second account I had made before I found out I could just add that second address as an alias on the first one. Going to my account settings page, there is a button marked 'Delete my account'. But using that apparently didn't delete the account because when I tried to put the second address in as an alias, it said that address was already registered.

On the GroupManagersForum, someone pointed me to the FAQ file that states to delete an account I have to contact support@groups.io. I have done that, but isn't that rather confusing to have a button that doesn't seem to do what it purports to do?

Dave