moderated Re: Default hashtag for groups with mandatory hashtag requirement #suggestion

I might call the setting that you're really asking for something like
Add the #other hashtag to all posts without hashtags
which would cause the "Hashtags required" setting to be automatically unchecked, because you can't logically have both - with your setting, there is no actual requirement on users.

I could see doing it but I would be concerned that you'd end up with most posts having the meaningless hashtag #other.