locked Error when deleting messages on a group

Frances

I was trying to delete old test messages from my personal group before new members are transferred in.
I was in my group, selected through the nav bar link “Your Groups”.
Clicked on Messages to retrieve all of the group messages for my own group.
Clicked on Message View.
Clicked on the subject line for the first message.
Clicked on Delete.
I properly get the message - Are you sure you wish to delete this message from the message archives of Shearingfamily?? This cannot be undone.
I say yes.
But then I am in All messages. Messages from Beta, from the travel group I belong to, etc.
I just double-checked and the specific message does get deleted. But I shouldn’t get bumped to the general Inbox.
Too much risk that I might try to delete from the wrong group, for example.
And it slows down the tidying I am trying to do.
(Note: I don’t normally delete such messages, but in this case when it has been used as a testing ground…worth doing!)
Using Safari 8.0.3.

Frances