locked Re: Missing owner

ro-esp

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 06:44 am, Duane <txpigeon@gmail.com> wrote:

I thought of a subject that was sometimes troublesome on YG. What will be the procedure if the groups only owner goes MIA?
The procedure at yahoo is that a longterm member can request to become "full-moderator"

I figure if we start brainstorming now, we could have a good process in place for future generations.
The main thing here is that if we want to prioritise quality over quantity, we need to prevent spamhavens. Members should be able to notify the admins of groups.io that no moderating is going on. If that is done, the groups should be set to not allow messages from new-members - and spammers that are already members should be banned.

Whether a new moderator/owner should be appointed depends on what the members of the group want

groetjes, Ronaldo