moderated Re: Date format settings #suggestion

I don't know what you mean by "newcomers". Some of us have been on Groups.io
almost from the beginning, and find the illogical MMDDYY format confusing. If
there is no choice, it should be the logical international format that should
confuse nobody. Failing that DDMMYY is used by most of the world and therefore
a better choice than MMDDYY (and more logical). Another alternative that should
be universally acceptable is to put the month in words (or three letter
abbreviations), although this is not as easily used for sorting as the
international format is..

Jim Fisher

On 25 Feb 2018 at 14:38, Jean Bennett via Groups.Io wrote:

I feel just as strongly that it should remain as is if it cannot be set
optionally at the group or individual level. We do not believe our members
should be subjected to confusion to accommodate newcomers.

Jean

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)