moderated Re: Date format settings #suggestion

Sue,

However I would happily accept yyyy/mm/dd as a universal compromise,
ISO standard 8601 would be YYYY-MM-DD (hyphens, not slashes). Be that as it may...

not least because my group does have members from various countries
including the USA.
A date/time format selection, like the timezone selection, I imagine will end up being a personal selection in one's account. With a default set by the first group you join, if you join one before setting the option in your account (e.g. you accept an email invitation, or are transferred in from Yahoo, etc.).

I don't know, but I wouldn't expect a site-wide change of format before the account option.

Shal