From: Victoria <dr.vcaesar@netcologne.de>
To: main@beta.groups.io
Date created: , 1:53:47 AM
Subject: [beta] could invitation text be moved

André,

yes of course. That´s my concern as well. By the way we have lots of blind users in our group, so this is an important information.
The problem is that no matter where I put the German text, the English text will always be read by the screen reader as well.
That´s why I´d prefer to have a blank field where I can put my own text.
Since Mark´s so busy with all these transfers (mine´s in there as well), I have to find a way until this can be altered.

So how do you get along with your Ukranian speaking members? Can they all speak English?
In my group there are quite a few older people and some from Germany´s east who do not understand English well (but maybe
Ukranian)...
Victoria
----
André wrote:
In the case of blind users that just doesn't work.
I dare speak for the blind because I know quite a lot of blind-related groups are transfered to Groups.io and new groups are
created here.
That's because e-mail is still a very comfortable way of communication for us, and Groups.io web interface is really accessible
and usable (thanks Mark!).
So, two horizontal lines just don't work because a screen reader would interpret the text line by line. And there are lots of people
who not only don't speak English, but are afraid of some message in a foreign language coming first. Such people tend to delete
those e-mails as spam without even reading them.
--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre