moderated Re: Phishing warnings

Sarah k Alawami

I believe I got that as well, or somethingn like it when loged in with safari. I heard "infection detected." or something like that.  I cant' remember the  exact warding, but just letting you all know I also got somethingn similar as well.

Take care all.

On Feb 23, 2018, at 1:57 PM, D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:

Mark -
When I log in with Firefox, I get pretty much what Shal describes. AVG gives me this warning:

We've safely aborted connection on www.groups.io because it was infected with URL:Mal .
More threats may be lurking!
Threat name   URL:Mal
Severity          1 of 3
URL               http:www.groups.io
Process          C:\Program Files (X86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
Detected by    Web Shield
Status            Connection aborted

Interestingly, when I log in with Epic Privacy Browser I don't get any problems.

Dano

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io>
To: <main@beta.groups.io>
Sent: 2/23/2018 2:20:50 PM
Subject: [beta] Phishing warnings

[moving this to a separate thread]

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 1:14 PM, LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...> wrote:
Think my last message got lost.
Not sure if this has anything to do with this thread but mods and members are getting blocked by dangerous site  and malewar warnings when trying to access groups.io.

I've gotten one other support email about this. I don't know why this would happen, as nothing's changed except for the downtime this morning.

Any additional information you can get me (what the warning say specifically, any URLs, etc) would be of great help.