moderated This morning's downtime #outage

Hi All,

Something happened to the datacenter where the Groups.io machines are hosted at, starting around 10:12AM Pacific Time. This caused the Groups.io service to go completely off-line. I posted to the @groupsio Twitter account at 10:19AM announcing the problem. As of about 11:20AM, the site is back up and fully functional. I do not know the cause of the problem.

As an opportunity for learning, there are a couple of things that I will change because of this:

- At various points, some people going to the site received the cats maintenance page. The maintenance message was out of date, and referred to an old maintenance. I have fixed that.
- I will set up a status webpage, not hosted with the other servers/datacenter, where I will post when there are issues.