moderated Re: Log In issues for Existing Subscribers

Hi Dotty,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 2:07 PM, Dotty Bell <quiltsallday@...> wrote:

Some of my members are having difficulties logging in to our specific xxxGroup Home Page.  I could not understand their complaints until I experimented with my multiple test subscriptions.  I find these inconsistencies, which I think should be addressed:

TestAccount 1 (with Password - set for Individual Messages) -- Group Home Link in footer of Individual email message takes me to Log In Page.  Log in with Email Address and Password takes me to Manage My Subscription Page.   My Groups are listed, and I can select xxxGroup to get to xxxGroup Home Page.

The Group Home link should not take you to a log in page, it should take you to the group home page. Did you by chance click the 'Change Your Subscription' link, which is right above the Group Home link? That would take you to the login page and then the Manage My Subscription page.

TestAccount 2 (with No Password - set for Individual Messages) -- Group Home Link in footer of Individual email message takes me to Log In Page.  Log in with Email and either Forgot Your Password or Send me an Email.  Link in Email takes me to Profile Page.  I must use the drop down menu for My Groups at top of page to select xxxGroup to get to xxxGroup Home Page.

Clicking the Forgot your Password link has the end result in putting you in the Profile page because the idea is that you want to reset your password.

TestAccount 3 (with No Password - set for Digest Messages)  -- xxxGroup link in Header of Digest Message takes me to Log In Page.

Yes, there is a slight inconsistency here. The link in the "This is a digest for ..." sentence does go to the /messages page. This would require a log in if the group had private archives. But the link doesn't say Group Home. I can change this to go to the group home page if people think that'd be better.