moderated Log In issues for Existing Subscribers

Dotty Bell

Mark,

Some of my members are having difficulties logging in to our specific xxxGroup Home Page.  I could not understand their complaints until I experimented with my multiple test subscriptions.  I find these inconsistencies, which I think should be addressed:

TestAccount 1 (with Password - set for Individual Messages) -- Group Home Link in footer of Individual email message takes me to Log In Page.  Log in with Email Address and Password takes me to Manage My Subscription Page.   My Groups are listed, and I can select xxxGroup to get to xxxGroup Home Page.

TestAccount 2 (with No Password - set for Individual Messages) -- Group Home Link in footer of Individual email message takes me to Log In Page.  Log in with Email and either Forgot Your Password or Send me an Email.  Link in Email takes me to Profile Page.  I must use the drop down menu for My Groups at top of page to select xxxGroup to get to xxxGroup Home Page.

TestAccount 3 (with No Password - set for Digest Messages)  -- xxxGroup link in Header of Digest Message takes me to Log In Page.

-- If I Log In with Email Address and select Forgot Your Password, the link in the Email takes me to Profile Page.  I must use the drop down menu for My Groups at top of page to select xxxGroup to get to xxxGroup Home Page.
-- However, if I Log In with Email Address and select Send me an Email, the link in the Email takes me directly to my xxxGroup Home Page.

It seems most helpful that any Group Home link would lead directly to the xxxGroup Home Page (without having to select xxxGroup from any list or drop down menu.)  Second choice would be to lead to the Manage My Subscriptions page with a group list that is already displayed (without having to click on a drop down menu.)  I think having the Log In page leading to the Profile Page is most confusing, as it so closely resembles the Log In page itself, and the xxxGroup Home Page must be accessed by the My Groups drop down menu.

Dotty