moderated Re: Reason to join a group box please!

Ginny T.

There is a way around this, Philip -
Set up a Pending Subscription in Member Notices. This would be sent by the system immediately upon there being a request to join. I use the owners email as the email to have the person respond to, so as to not dangle a personal email out there. Our message asks them to provide their name, why they would like to join, and that they have 72 hours to reply to the note otherwise their request will be declined.
Get a reply, then bring them in. Don't get a reply - POOF.
Ginny

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 06:59 am, Philip Wormald wrote:
Ideally I'd like a stage where they HAVE to enter a reason for joining, or approval process won't allow them to proceed or join. It would save a great deal of hassle and work at our end...

--
Ginny T.  gttemari21@...
========