moderated Re: problems with receiving "tickets", zendesk activity log, and zendesk login UI #suggestion #bug

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 1:52 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:

In light of all the confusion on the subject I was wondering if it would be practical for you to set up an auto-forward when transfer receives an Invitation: forward an acknowledgement to the Y!group's -owner address. I know you don't want to reply to the invite, as that would (prematurely) accept the invitation.

I set up exactly this on Sunday. It did seem to cut down on the number of duplicated invites. But what I've found is that it appears some people never seem to receive the acknowledgement. Or at least they don't check their email until after re-trying the invite process a few times.

A FAQ I'm being asked is whether there's a means other than an Invitation which may be used at Step 1. For example, an email to transfer@groups.io from the moderator's personal email address, including a link to the group or the -subscribe address. Most feel that using their own email service is likely to be more reliable than Y!Groups invite function.

I'd have to figure out the name of the group, somehow.

I'm sure there are other things I can do. But I keep wondering at what point does the flood of groups end/at what point would any extra effort on my part to automate things not be time well spent.