moderated Re: web-based questionnaire for restricted groups a pressing issue #suggestion

Hi J,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:41 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I think this is on the todo list but I am pushing for a bump in priority: GMF is virtually *swamped* with new group owners flummoxed and dismayed by not having the same kind of web-based questionnaire for prospective membersthat they had in Y!G.

Can you refresh my memory? I thought Y! Groups only had a single text box where you could enter a reason for joining, and that you couldn't specify the question. And that reason was just emailed to the owners and not stored anywhere. Is that true?

What my vision has been is to use the database feature to be able to define a proper questionnaire. The results would be stored with the member and could be referenced/searched on. Some/all of those answers could also be made visible to the other group members. Also, I want to be able to use the database to define extra fields for each member, so that moderators can track information. But I haven't been able to properly map all this out in my head and figure out how it should work. And I was thinking it'd be a premium group feature.